Dr. Abramovits is an internationally recognized dermatologist and has been practicing medicine for over 37 years. Dr. Abramovits completed his Internal Medicine residence from 1973 to 1976 at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. Then completed a Dermatology Residency at the University of California in Los Angeles from 1976 to 1979. He is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a member of several prestigious medical societies.
Dr. Abramovits purposely limits his practice to focus on medical dermatology. His experience and training expertise in Internal Medicine and Dermatology, allows him to help patients with complex diseases and receives referrals from local colleagues and physicians
from other states and countries. Dr. Abramovits regularly lectures at prestigious international, national and state medical societies. Due to his extensive involvement in clinical research and new medicines, Dr. Abramovits is frequently invited to advisory board meetings by pharmaceutical companies.
Dr. Abramovits is passionate about dermatology and patient care. He’s known for spending ample time with his patients at each visit and does not delegate their care to non-physician practitioners.
Dr. Abramovits enjoys visiting with sons Andrés and Alain, and their families. He also enjoys traveling the world with his dermatologist girlfriend, attending Ranger games, NASCAR races, and dining out at his favorite restaurants. His other hobbies include writing dermatology articles, journals and books.
- Medical School – Universidad Central de Venezuela
- University of California, Los Angeles, Residency in Dermatology
- University of Texas, Houston, Internship Residency in Internal Medicine
- American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Member of the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society
- Member of Medical Dermatology Society
Awards & Publications
- Dr. Abramovits is author or co-author of close to 200 articles and chapters in prestigious medical journals and textbooks and has edited several medical textbooks of his own
- Dr. Abramovits has been invited to participate in the board of editors of several medical journals including:
- SKINmed: Dermatology for the Clinician, Deputy Editor, 2010
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, International Editorial Board
- Journal of the Association of Argentina Dermatology, Editorial Board Member, 2004
- He has been the recipient of awards by the American Academy of Dermatology for his participation in task forces, committees, and public service