Skin Care Research is currently enrolling participants for a Notalgia Paresthetica (itchy back) clinical trial in Hollywood, FL and Dallas, TX. Qualified participants will receive all study-related care provided by board-certified dermatologists at one of our partnered clinics. All Skin Care Research studies are in compliance with FDA guidelines and uphold the highest clinical standards.
- Must be 18 – 80 years old
- Must have at least a 6-month history of chronic pruritus (itching) due to NP
- Be willing to travel to our Hollywood, FL or Dallas, TX location (transportation may be provided)
To learn more, fill out a form on this page or call 561-948-3116
*NO COST. NO INSURANCE. MAY QUALIFY FOR COMPENSATION.*
Notalgia Paresthetica Clinical Trials: What is Notalgia Paresthetica?
Notalgia paresthetica is a medical condition that primarily affects the skin on the upper back, typically around the area of the shoulder blades. It is characterized by localized itching, burning, numbness, or altered sensation in this specific region. It is typically found in women who are in their 40s and 50s, but it can occur at any age. The term “notalgia” refers to the back, while “paresthetica” indicates abnormal sensations.
Notalgia paresthetica may be associated with various factors, including:
- Trapped nerves: Compression or irritation of nerves in the spine, such as the thoracic nerves, may play a role.
- Posture and clothing: Certain postures or tight clothing can contribute to nerve compression or irritation in the upper back region, leading to symptoms.
- Skin changes: Some cases of notalgia paresthetica may involve skin changes, such as hyperpigmentation or the development of a small raised bump in the affected area.
- Muscle and joint problems: Muscular or skeletal issues in the upper back can sometimes contribute to the condition.
About Skin Care Research
As a clinical research center with over 25 years of experience in the execution of dermatological and cosmetic clinical trials, Skin Care Research has conducted hundreds of successful research studies for trusted brands including Abbvie, Eli Lilly, Galderma, Pfizer Inc, and more. Our research staff and board-certified dermatologists are highly trained and experienced in conducting FDA approved clinical trials.
Skin Care Research conducts phase 2 through phase 4 clinical trials with patient safety being the number one priority. To learn more about our enrolling studies, including time commitment, participant responsibilities, and other things you should expect, fill out the form or give us a call at 561-948-3116.